The Tony Award®-winning Signature Theatre seeks a detail oriented, enthusiastic summer intern to assist the Marketing department. This internship is appropriate for college and graduate students and requires a full time (40 hours/week) commitment in the summer, with the possibility of switching to part-time in the fall.
Earn hands-on experience in arts administration with the following opportunities and responsibilities:
- Gain experience managing deadlines and collateral production by coordinating the writing, editing, proofing, printing and delivery of materials such as playbills, posters, brochures, post cards, invitations and all print and online collateral for the entire organization
- Learn how to create marketing plans by co-developing and executing the Marketing department’s marketing plans and strategic campaigns
- Understand the nuances of audience development by composing marketing copy for various formats including print, online and social media
- Understand how to run a budget by organizing all financial aspects of the Marketing department
- Cultivate vendor relationships by selling playbill advertising
- Work to promote Signature’s programs at outreach festivals and events
- Other projects assigned based on the interests of the selected candidate
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a motivated team player, creative problem-solver with the ability to focus on a multitude of projects simultaneously. Graphic design experience a plus, but not necessary. College or graduate school credit available through your institution. Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.